Wednesday 29 June 2011

Day 49 - Den Haag rest day

Once again it was back down the beach to take advantage of the huge turn around in the weather.

The thermometer was hitting 30 and there wasn't a cloud in the sky all day. The tepid sea provided a welcome respite from the scorching sun.

I also set about repairing my bike on the beach, which now strikes me as a blunder as sand could get in the threads on nuts and bolts.

Frustratingly I need a spanner to fit the new spoke as it has to go in behind the gears. Ones pulling the other way would have been easy to replace.

A few days with a missing spoke won't cause any harm though, and the wheel is now a lot straighter after more work on it. I also tightened the brakes as they had needed to be opened to stop the buckled wheel rubbing.

This part of den Haag is brilliant. It is just completely relaxed, which is what I like about beach towns. I've seen so many town centres and churches that it was just good to be by the sea. There are things to explore and next time I go I'd like to visit the Escher museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment