Thursday 16 June 2011

Day 37 - Dessau to Stassfurt

I'm writing this a day later and am struggling to remember too much of the cycling already.

The two major stop-offs on route, especially Köthen Anhalt, were nice, but it is disappointing when your destination is rubbish. Stassfurt was big enough, but had nothing of use. One pension was full, and the place Google said was a youth house had closed down long ago. There was another up the street, but it was just a place for the remaining kids to hang out.

I studied German at GCSE but can't remember anything. I probably didn't learn too much. My first exam was a success though when after wandering around aimlessly for a bit I managed to order some schnitzel and then follow the chef's directions to a place to stay.

Arriving in town is always frustrating due to the hunt for somewhere to sleep.

There isn't much more to say about the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment