Sunday 15 May 2011

Day 6 - rest day

Sorry that all these blogs are coming at once. This is the first time I've had access to an actual computer, but the notes from each day are going into a book.

I'm well ahead of schedule and really happy with my progress. Even cycling down into the old town without my panniers was good to loosen the legs, which had been getting quite tight. Tartu is a really beautiful place, with a fantastic university at the heart of the historic centre. From there it spreads out into modern shopping centres and the ubiquitous modern town.

Everybody in Estonia cycles so it is brilliant just cruising about the streets without feeling like you are battling cars. I've heard it gets worse again, particularly in Poland.

Last night a Swedish couple and the three Estonians who run the Looming hostel watched Eurovision and I had a couple of beers with them. It is a really nice, relaxed place and it was good to speak to people properly for the first time in a while.

I'll try to add some photos later. Most of them are on Facebook but it has got all security conscious with me constantly changing my IP address.

No comments:

Post a Comment