Monday 30 May 2011

Day 15 - Kuldiga to Pavilosta.

This was a day of two halves. The first bit to the coast at Jurvalne was nice, though the cross wind did manage to blow me off the road a couple of times.

At the coast I met two German kids cycling the same way, so we chilled out and had some lunch. They had started the previous evening in Ventspils, about 45km to the north.

Watching them lurch off let me know just what was in store. A vicious 24mph wind was blowing up the coast, which is apparently pretty common for the region.

The guys, Marvin and Thore, made me glad of my equipment, using rubbish mountain bikes and heavy backpack.

I overtook them pretty quickly and turned off 45km from Leipaja, where they were heading.

Pavilosta is a tiny place with one cafe, a couple of places to stay and a huge beach that fills with locals in the summer. Now it was quiet and the brisk wind brought in an evening storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment